What is Word Processing Software?
A Word Processing Software is used to create, edit, store, print or send typed documents that can be used for a wide range of business purposes such as a memo or project plan. The software allows the creator to format the text and layout of the document as well as copying and deleting. Here are some of the basic functions you can control using word processing software:
- Typing, editing, saving and printing
- Copy, paste, reposition or delete text
- Formatting text with different fonts, make text into bold, italics or underlined
- Add tables and graphs which can be used to include corporate figures or stats
- Create fillable forms for customers, clients and employees
- Insert pictures from another software or saved files
- Spelling and grammar check
- Create lists using number sequence or bullet points
- Applying a header and footer that you can adjust to fit accordingly to the document layout
- Collaboration – Up to date word processors help multiple people work on the same document at the same time.
There may be some functions we’ve mentioned you didn’t know it could do? As Word Processing Software’s continuously develop, our knowledge and skills must keep up to date with them as they evolve so we can always apply the best version of our work. Knowing how to manipulate your documents to the best of your ability will demonstrate professionalism and digital capability, whether it be to your clients or your coworkers.
What are the main applications for Word Processing Software?
- Microsoft Word
- Lotus word pro
- WordPerfect (Windows only),
- AppleWorks (Mac only),
- Work pages
- OpenOffice Writer
- Google Docs
Word Processors are the most frequently used of all the software applications on computers today, with Microsoft Word being the favourite. Businesses use Word Processing Software’s all the time; in fact, some businesses completely depend on it. Can you imagine hand writing a 4 page article in today’s modern society? Not to mention the errors it would include. By using a Word Processing Software as a business, you can improve the accuracy and efficiency of your employees which saves you and your business time.
What can Word Processing Software be used for?
- PR Publications
The software automatically corrects any spelling and grammar errors and the user can adjust the format, layout and design of the text using different tools such as columns. With Microsoft Software training your employees can create interesting and unique content for your business that you’re able to store safely, print or share online.
What are the advantages of using Word Processing Software?
- It’s more environmentally friendly as it reduces paper waste and carbon footprint
- Cost effective as you don’t need to pay for paper or postage stamps
- Time saving and makes it easier to perform repetitive tasks like mailing
- You can mail merge to send out the same letter to multiple different people. You can produce all the letters using one template document and a table with customer names and addresses from your database.
- Reduces the need for piles of paperwork, employees can share files through a
- Formatting so you can manipulate the text in size, style, font etc.
- You can manipulate the document text like a report
- It has a recognisible user interface feature
- You can apply creative designs and layouts to your document
- Provides security for documents and data where you can encrypt or lock them and use passwords.
- Provides more accuracy by autocorrecting spelling and grammar errors
- You can collaborate with colleagues across the world and work on projects online at the same time by using cloud services like Google Docs.
- They tend to be free depending which software you’re using. Microsoft offers a free word processor to all account holders where you can save documents and others can open and read them easily in word format.
If you’re an individual looking to excel your digital skills to become more IT literate, why not take one of our Microsoft Software courses available at beginners and advanced levels? Our IT training courses in Microsoft Processing Software will give you the fundamental skills you need to create everyday documents such as a CV or an important meeting plan for work.
If you’re a business looking to improve the IT skills of your employees, we have professional courses available such as creating fillable forms using word, Introduction courses to Word & Excel and Level 1 to 3 courses in Word Processing Software’s. Each course will provide your staff with the skills and knowledge they need to enhance their work, increase productivity and efficiency and save you time and money. Browse through our digital IT training courses today and book one that’s suitable for you and your needs!