Level 1 Spreadsheet Software
Level 1 Spreadsheet Software course helps the delegate use a range of basic Microsoft Spreadsheet Software tools and techniques to produce appropriate, straightforward or routine documents. It will also further their knowledge and understanding of the package and teach them the digital skills so they can use a simple formula such as addition and subtraction, the autosum function, multiplication and division.
You will receive an Academy certificate on completion of this course.
By the end of Level 1 Spreadsheet Software you will be able to:
• Identify Spreadsheet Software.
• Produce a Spreadsheet Software document using editing and formatting techniques.
• Demonstrate techniques to integrate different types of data.
This course can be offered as group training, please click here for a quote.
Level 1 Spreadsheet Software course is suitable for those who are either self-taught or new to Word Processing Software or have attended our Introduction to Word and Excel course and would like to improve the quality and efficiency of their documents.
Users are required to be able to use a keyboard and mouse and comfortable with Windows 10.
· Working safely at your computer
· Introduction to Excel
· Navigating the Excel Screen and Ribbon
· Tips and Tricks for Selection and Movement around the screenData Input and Selection
· Cell references
· Typing and Formatting for Text, Dates and Numbers
· Selecting Cells, Rows and Columns using the Mouse and Keyboard shortcutsFile Management
· Creating, Saving and Opening Workbooks
· Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, B.O.D.M.A.S.
· Using the Sum, Average, Min, Max, Count Functions
· Displaying formulae
· Understanding and Working with the Function Wizard
Working with Dates
· Formatting Dates
Copying and Moving Data/Formulae
· Using Cut, Copy and Paste
· Drag and Drop
· Adding Rows and Columns
· Sizing Rows and Columns
· Hiding/Unhiding Rows and Columns
· Find and replace
· Margins and paper size
· Working with Fonts, Sizes and Colours
· Adding Borders and Fill Colour to Cells
· Aligning the Content of a Cell
· Applying Number Formatting
· Using the Format Painter
· Using the Format Painter
· Merge and Unmerge Cells
· Changing the column widthPrinting
· Using Print Preview
· Setting the Print Range
· Sizing Spreadsheets to Fit
· Working with Margins, Headers and Footers and other useful print settings
· Displaying Gridlines, Row and Column headings
Charts and Graphs
· Creating Charts and Graphs alongside data
· Creating Charts and Graphs on a new sheet
· Changing the Chart Types
· Basic Formatting of Charts and Graphs
· Changing Chart scalesImages
· Inserting images
About the Provider
We are two highly qualified teachers with extensive experience of working in further education and can provide a range of digital training opportunities. We offer a high quality customised service that recognises each organisation’s challenges. We will also provide digital skills training for individuals so they can reap the benefits of long-term success.
- Upskilling ‘non-qualification’ training
- Flexible Delivery
- Cost and time effective
- Delivered by ‘Outstanding Treachers’ as recently identified by Ofsted
- Consultation to identify your specific training needs
Want to know more
To find out more about our tailored Digital Skills Training for Businesses, Groups and Individuals, please email: email@example.com or telephone us for an initial informal chat on 01244 515525 to discuss your requirements.