Introduction to the Internet and Email
This course is taken remotely in the comfort of your own home or in the workplace. Candidates will be able to download study materials, access an online study portal where they can share files including accessing screen-share facilities with a dedicated tutor.
This course will teach delegates how to use the basics of Internet and Email including: using a browser and search engine, researching and shopping online, send, edit, reply, forward and delete an email.
You will receive an Academy certificate on completion of this course.
This course can be offered as group training, please click here for a quote.
This course is suitable if you are new to or know little about computers.
Getting started with your computer
• Working safely at your computer
• Starting up and logging off
• Mouse and keyboard skills
• Understanding different types of software
Using the Internet
• Using a search engine
• Opening Internet Explorer
• Using a web address
• Using favourites
Using Google images
• Searching for, copying and downloading images
• Completing a form using different types of data
• Submitting a form
• Filling in forms for directions
• Ordering train tickets
• Use the shopping link on Google
• Search products
• Setting filters
Use Google tools
• Looking at the risks of online fraud
• Send a new email
• Spelling and grammar
• Open an email
• Reply to an email
• Forward an email
• Deleting an email
Managing Email Folders
• Viewing and deleting items in the sent folder
• Viewing and deleting items in the deleted folder
• Viewing and deleting items in your inbox
• Being aware of and understand some online
• Copy text online and paste into an email
Security & Viruses
• Using passwords
• What are viruses?
• Avoiding viruses
• Staying safe
Emoticon and Emoji Icons
• What are Emoticon and Emoji icons?
• Using common internet acronyms
About the Provider
We are two highly qualified teachers with extensive experience of working in further education and can provide a range of digital training opportunities. We offer a high quality customised service that recognises each organisation’s challenges. We will also provide digital skills training for individuals so they can reap the benefits of long-term success.
- Upskilling ‘non-qualification’ training
- Flexible Delivery
- Cost and time effective
- Delivered by ‘Outstanding Teachers’ as recently identified by Ofsted
- Consultation to identify your specific training needs
Want to know more
To find out more about our tailored Digital Skills Training for Businesses, Groups and Individuals, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us for an initial informal chat on 01244 515525 to discuss your requirements.