Introduction to Word & Excel
This will teach you the basics of Word and Excel including: opening, editing and saving a document, using formatting tools, inserting and basic formatting of images, basic formula etc.
You will receive an Academy certificate on completion of this course.
By the end of Introduction to Word and Excel you will be able to:
- Identify Word and Spreadsheet software.
- Produce Word and Spreadsheet documents using editing and formatting techniques.
- Understand the need to stay safe following safety and security practices.
This course can be offered as group training, please click here for a quote.
Getting started with Word
• Working safely at your computer
• Opening Word
• Overview of Word
• Overview of the Word Ribbon and Views
• Creating New Documents
• Saving Documents
• Opening Documents
• Searching for files
Using formatting tools
• Using the Undo/Redo Command
• Font Styles
• Using fonts e.g. bold, font size, underline, justify
• Page Layout
• Page Borders
Spelling & Grammar
• Using the Review tab tools and right click
• Using the Word Dictionary
• Using the Word Thesaurus
• Using Synonyms
• Copying and paste an image
• Resizing an image
• Wrap text around an image
• Delete an image
Guide to writing formal & Informal Email
• Using attachments
About the Provider
We are two highly qualified teachers with extensive experience of working in further education and can provide a range of digital training opportunities. We offer a high quality customised service that recognises each organisation’s challenges. We will also provide digital skills training for individuals so they can reap the benefits of long-term success.
- Upskilling ‘non-qualification’ training
- Flexible Delivery
- Cost and time effective
- Delivered by ‘Outstanding Treachers’ as recently identified by Ofsted
- Consultation to identify your specific training needs
Want to know more
To find out more about our tailored Digital Skills Training for Businesses, Groups and Individuals, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us for an initial informal chat on 01244 515525 to discuss your requirements.