Introduction to Internet & Email
Introduction to Internet & Email course will teach delegates how to use the basics of Internet and Email including: using a browser and search engine, researching and shopping online, send, edit, reply, forward and delete an email.
By the end of Introduction to Internet and Email you will be able to:
- Identify browser and email software
- Investigate information using a browser tool
- Communicate information following recommended safe practices
This course can be offered as group training, please click here for a quote.
Introduction to Internet & Email course is suitable if you are new to or know little about computers, email and the internet.
Getting started with your computer
• Working safely at your computer
• Starting up and logging off
• Mouse and keyboard skills
• Understanding different types of software
Using the Internet
• Using a search engine
• Opening Internet Explorer
• Using a web address
• Using favourites
Using Google images
• Searching for, copying and downloading images
• Completing a form using different types of data
• Submitting a form
• Filling in forms for directions
• Ordering train tickets
• Use the shopping link on Google
• Search products
• Setting filters
Use Google tools
• Looking at the risks of online fraud
• Send a new email
• Spelling and grammar
• Open an email
• Reply to an email
• Forward an email
• Deleting an email
Managing Email Folders
• Viewing and deleting items in the sent folder
• Viewing and deleting items in the deleted folder
• Viewing and deleting items in your inbox
• Being aware of and understand some online
• Copy text online and paste into an email
Security & Viruses
• Using passwords
• What are viruses?
• Avoiding viruses
• Staying safe
Emoticon and Emoji Icons
• What are Emoticon and Emoji icons?
• Using common internet acronyms
About the Provider
We are two highly qualified teachers with extensive experience of working in further education and can provide a range of digital training opportunities. We offer a high quality customised service that recognises each organisation’s challenges. We will also provide digital skills training for individuals so they can reap the benefits of long-term success.
- Upskilling ‘non-qualification’ training
- Flexible Delivery
- Cost and time effective
- Delivered by ‘Outstanding Treachers’ as recently identified by Ofsted
- Consultation to identify your specific training needs
Want to know more
To find out more about our tailored Digital Skills Training for Businesses, Groups and Individuals, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us for an initial informal chat on 01244 515525 to discuss your requirements.